How Much do T-Shirt Quilts Cost to Make?
May 25, 2022
Are you looking to have t-shirt quilts made? If so, there is probably a few questions running through your mind - one of which is, how much do t-shirt quilts cost to make? Worry not - today, we’ll answer this question and many others you may have surrounding t-shirt quilt pricing.
Here at Project Repat, we are the most trusted t-shirt quilt maker online. We were actually the first to do it - and are proud to still be here as the most trusted source for high-quality, stunning quilts. And, the process is simple and straightforward. But how much do t-shirt quilts cost here with us? The answer, as with most things, is it depends. How big of a quilt do you want? Are you looking to keep things simple or upgrade your quilt with extra seams? Are you looking to use basic t-shirt blocks or cut-out designs from sleeves, shorts, tank tops, etc?
These are some of the questions you'll need to ask to arrive at an estimated cost for t-shirt quilt. Don't worry - because today, we're going to cover everything you need to know about the cost to have a t-shirt quilt made here at Project Repat. As the most trusted source of t-shirt quilts in the entire industry, our pricing is transparent and all-inclusive. Here's what you need to know about the cost to make t-shirt quilts...
Factors Affecting the Cost for T-Shirt Quilts
To start, let's talk about the factors that will affect how much your t-shirt quilt will cost. These are important to consider because they'll give you a good idea of what features you may want to include (or not include) in your quilt.
- Quilt Size: The size of your t-shirt quilt is going to be the biggest factor in how much it costs. A small quilt will cost less than a large quilt, and that's just the way it is. We have four standard sizes for our quilts - baby, lap, twin, and queen - but we can also do custom sizes if you need something specific.
- T-Shirt Selection: The number of t-shirts for your quilt you want to include will also affect the cost. Obviously, the more t-shirts you include, the more it's going to cost. But that's not all - the type of t-shirts you select will also play a role. Shirts with long sleeves or very thick fabric (like sweaters) will require extra fabric and will be more expensive than a basic t-shirt.
- Design: The design of your quilt is also going to affect how much it costs. If you want something simple, like a basic t-shirt block quilt, it's going to cost less than a quilt with more intricate designs. But don't worry - we can work with you to create a design that's perfect for your budget.
- Extras: Finally, there are the extras. These are the things that aren't necessarily required, but they can add extra flair (and cost) to your quilt. Things like applique, embroidery, and custom labeling all fall into this category. You can also add extra seams.
- Shipping: Do you need your order rushed to meet a deadline? If so, there will be an extra charge for expediting the order and shipping it quicker.
Now that you know the factors that affect the cost of a t-shirt quilt, let's talk about how we price our quilts here at Project Repat.
How Much do T-shirt Quilts cost to Make at Project Repat?
As the most trusted source of t-shirt quilts in the industry, we pride ourselves on being upfront and transparent with our pricing. We don't have any hidden fees or surcharges - what you see is what you get.
Our pricing is all-inclusive, which means it covers everything from start to finish. That includes design, fabric selection, construction, and shipping. All you need to do is send us your shirts and we'll take care of the rest. We have five standard sizes for our quilts. Take a look at our simple t-shirt quilt pricing chart below:
- Lap (4'x4'): $75
- Twin (4'x6'): $110
- Full (5'x6'): $140
- Large Throw (6'x6'): $ $160
- Queen (6'x7'): $200
Upgrade Your Order for an Additional Cost
You know the standard pricing model we use here at Project Repat now. But, maybe you have a unique vision for your quilt - and you want to go a bit more outside of the box. If so, you're in luck. We offer a few optional upgrades to make your quilt even more special. For example, there is an extra $5 charge per block for 'simple' additional seams. A 'Simple seam' is one additional seam in the block. These include:
- Combining 2 shirts (or a front and back) to make one block
- Combining small logos from different T-shirts to make one block
- Adding fabric behind v-neck (such as a Football Jersey)
Another important note we want to make is that complex piecing comes with an added cost as well. When more than one seam is involved, or when we must create a block out of odd-shaped items, it requires more time to piece the block. And thus, we have to charge a bit more - a minimum $5.00 additional charge. These can include but are not limited to:
- Enlarging a tank top into a larger block
- Creating a block from shorts
- Creating a block from sleeves
Other Notes On Project Repat Pricing
That's the gist of our pricing model here at Project Repat. You should now have a better understanding of the cost to have t-shirt quilts made here with us. But, we didn't come to be known as the most trusted quilt provider in the industry for nothing. In the interest of full transparency, we want to provide you with a few final notes on pricing your quilt here with us.
If you decide to return your quilt, you will pay for the return shipping at the time of purchasing your return label. You should also anticipate a bit of sales tax being added to your order. The exact amount depends on where you are in the US. We also require a deposit to begin working on your quilt. A $100 down payment is required for each quilt and can be made by cash, check*, credit card, or PayPal.
When your T-Shirt quilt(s) are complete, we will send an email with your shipping notification. We pride ourselves on quick, professional service. Our average turnaround time is 4 to 6 weeks. If you want to guarantee delivery in less than 4 weeks, please add a $25.00 expedite fee per quilt. Our 'busiest' times are prior to May graduation and the Christmas holidays so it might take a little longer. Be sure to let us know if you have a specific deadline that we need to meet - if you give us enough notice, we can easily accommodate you.
How Much do T-shirt Quilts Cost? Wrapping Things Up
We hope this article helped provide some clarity on the cost to have t-shirt quilts made - both in general and here at Project Repat specifically. As you can see, there are a lot of factors that go into the cost of a t-shirt quilt. But, we strive to keep our pricing fair and transparent. And, when you work with us, you can rest assured knowing that you're working with the most trusted source for t-shirt quilts in the industry. You get more value for the money here with us than anywhere else.
If you have any questions about pricing or anything else related to t-shirt quilts, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. We're always happy to help however we can. Thanks for reading and happy quilting!